BitBounce LLC (“BitBounce” or “Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you and that you may provide when you visit the website or subdomains of this website www.bitbounce.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website, its subdomains, and its background services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, whether those applications or advertising include direct links or an indirect relationship to this policy.
- Regarding your browsing activity via our Website and its subdomains and via applications, mobile or desktop, used to access our Website and its subdomains.
- About the technical information of the device or browser you use in order to access our Website, its subdomains, and our services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by BitBounce or any third party, including, but not limited to, our affiliates and parent company; OR
- any third party, including, but not limited to, our affiliates and parent company including through any application or content, inclusive of advertising, that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features. Do not register on the Website, make any transactions through the Website, use any of the interactive or public features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or is personally identifiable information under an applicable law and by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your gender or IP address from which you access our website; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and its subdomains and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting and/or utilizing further services. We may also ask you for information only on an as-needed basis, such as when you report a problem with our Website and such additional information is required.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or business purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your transactions or orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing and/or completing a transaction or order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Details of your email accounts and associated email data required to provide our service.
- Email addresses and domains you want to place on your whitelist.
- Data for configurable settings, such as the message to include in auto-responses and your paywall price.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“behavioral tracking”). Please contact us via the email listed in Contact Information below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is both statistical data and may also include personal information, and we may maintain such information or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size, usage patterns, and other metrics relating to the performance and usage of our Website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests and needs.
- Speed up your searches, orders, and transactions.
Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or Browser Cookies). A Browser Cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept Browser Cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. Such refusal is solely your responsibility. However, if you select this refusal setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will refuse Browser Cookies, our system will issue Browser Cookies when you direct your browser to our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (“Flash Cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for Browser Cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash Cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The Company’s Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data (European Territory Visitors Only)
The Company provides the representations and information in this Section wholly and fully in compliance with European privacy laws, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). They are specific to persons located within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) countries or Switzerland, so please do not rely upon the below if you are not located within one of those countries.
If the user is located within the European Territories, the Company’s legal basis for collecting and using the user’s personal data described above will depend upon the personal information concerned and the specific context in which the Company collects it. As it relates to this Notice, "European Territories" refers to the EEA and Switzerland. For the purpose of this Notice, the term "European Territories" shall continue to include the United Kingdom, even after the United Kingdom leaves the EEA following Brexit.
However, the Company will normally collect personal data from any and all users where the processing is in the Company’s legitimate business interests to, for instance, administer its platforms and services and fulfil its contractual obligations as a service provider.
In some cases, the Company may collect and process personal data based on consent. To the extent the Company’s clients need to collect and share, or allow the Company to facilitate collection and sharing of, personal data in order to enable the Company’s services, it is the responsibility of these parties to provide any and all necessary privacy notices and to obtain any and all required consent(s).
If you, as a user, have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which the Company collects and uses your personal information, including if you would like to better understand how our legitimate interests to process your data are balanced against your data protection rights and freedoms, then please do not hesitate to contact the Company using the contact details provided in below.
Additional Data Protection Rights for EEA Residents
If you are a resident of a European Territory, you have the following enhanced rights under EU data protection law:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can contact us using the contact details provided under the “Information” heading below.
You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us about questions or concerns” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. However, if you have any questions about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact us first at [email protected] If you are unable to obtain the information or resolution that you seek, you may also contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
Please note that we have may no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process on behalf of our clients and partners. Where we act as a processor for our clients and partners (for example, with respect to our email products), you should direct any requests to access, correct, update, or delete your personal data to the respective client or partner. We will respond to any requests by a client or partner to provide assistance with such requests within thirty (30) days.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including, but not limited to, suspension and promotional notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To provide our email spam filtering and monetization services.
- To develop models used to improved parts of our service, such as payment fraud prevention.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent, as determined to be provided with your initial and/or continued use of our website.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may reasonably assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, partners, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all BitBounce's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BitBounce about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent, as determined to be provided with your initial and/or continued use of our website.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BitBounce, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes, but is not limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by notifying us of your opting out at [email protected]
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by BitBounce to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by notifying us of your opting out at [email protected] This opt out does not apply to information provided to BitBounce as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by notifying us of your opting out at [email protected] In order for this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept Browser Cookies.
Certain forms of opt-out request may have an adverse effect on the quality of service provided by the Company or, in certain extreme cases, require us to discontinue providing you with access to our Website and services.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising, nor do we represent that we ever previously have, presently do, or will in the future do. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account or email accounts associated with your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write to us at:
ATTN: Zaid Ali, DPO
BitBounce, 55 E. 3rd Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
We retain personal data we collect directly for no more than is necessary for our business purposes, after which time we employ measures to delete it. However, for identifiable data that we hold on behalf of a third party, such as their email address list, we will retain such information until the third party itself requests, in writing, that we delete it.
Personal data collected for other purposes is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes but is anonymized. For example, we retain anonymized impression and click data to ensure that we can meet auditing requirements related to services provided or to meet legal requirements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions, email data, website activity data, and information you enter on our Website will be encrypted in transit using SSL encryption.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone, and to take all necessary steps to safeguard your password credentials.
The transmission of information via the internet can be compromised by unknown and unforeseen security vulnerabilities. We do our commercial best to protect your personal information, but we cannot completely guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. We are not responsible for consequences arising from your circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
ATTN: Zaid Ali, DPO
BitBounce, 55 E. 3rd Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401